Select a button below for range specific information.
27386 SD Hwy 79, Hot Springs, SD 57747
Open daily, 9am to one hour before sunset. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas
Member only days are the first Sunday & Monday of the month and the following Mondays & Tuesdays of the month.
Open to the Public
The Fall River Shooting Complex is open to the public except on the first Sunday & Monday of the month and the follow Mondays & Tuesdays.
Waivers and Release from Liability
Waivers must be signed prior to using the range. Waivers are available in the sheds at the pistol and rifle range.
Four Rules of Firearm Safety
- Always treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
- Always point your firearm in a safe direction.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.
- Always be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
- Types of firearms permitted at the outdoor shooing range; center-fire and rim fire rifles, center-fire and rim-fire handguns, muzzle loaders, shotguns (only in designated areas), air rifles and air pistols.
- Center-fire rifles and pistols that are 50 caliber or larger, fully automatic weapons, and armor piercing, explosive, tracer or incendiary rounds are PROHIBITED
- Range users under 16 years of age must be accompanied and individually supervised by a parent or guardian at all times. The parent or guardian is responsible for the actions of a young person under their supervision while at the outdoor shooting complex.
- Targets such as explosive or incendiary targets are PROHIBITED
- Absolutely no night/dark shooting activity will occur from dusk to daylight
- Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs are not allowed on the shooting complex at any time!
- All wildlife and domestic animals are protected on the range facilities. The shooting or harassment of any animal is strictly PROHIBITED.
- No overnight camping or campfires are allowed
- No shooting in the parking lot or non-designated areas
- All federal, state and local firearms laws must be obeyed
- All shooters are responsible for their guns and ammunition while on the property.
- Shooters will conduct themselves in an orderly manner at all times
- Those acting in an unsafe manner, shooting irresponsibly or violating any of the rules will be removed from the facility!
Safe Firearm Handling Rules
- Treat every firearm as if it is loaded – at ALL times!!
- Keep the Action Open! A safety can fail.
- Know your target and what is beyond!!
- Always keep you finger off the trigger and the firearm unloaded until ready to shoot!!
- Keep the muzzle pointed down range at all times, especially when loading/unloading, adjusting scopes and adjusting sites.
- All loading and unloading of firearms must be done at the firing line after
- observing a safe range condition.
- All firearms must be unloaded and the actions of all firearms must be open with magazines and / or clips removed, except when on the firing line and “ready to fire.”
- Firearms are not to be carried beyond the firing line! If you must temporarily leave the firing line, lay the firearm with the muzzle pointing down range with the action open and visible to all others present.
- Know how to use the firearm safely!
- Be courteous and aware of the shooters around you on the range.
- Be sure the firearm is in a safe to operate condition.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your gun.
- Wear eye and ear protection as appropriate!
- No one will leave a loaded gun unattended at any time!